Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ayn Rand, "The World You Desired"

“In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours.”
 - Ayn Rand

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. Sometimes I get lost in the battle and forget about the road through the conflict. it's writings such as this that keep my feet moving forward and my Soul reaching for the unknown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This moved me so very much that I really feel the need to repost this. I hope you don't mind. Be well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, T.L. Scott. You put it all so very well when you say "it's writings such as this that keep my feet moving forward and my Soul reaching for the unknown." For me, too.

    Please feel completely free to use anything you find here. Don't worry about attributing it back to this blog, we're totally unconcerned with generating "clicks for revenue" or feeling self-important from more readers, no ego trips here, the message is what's important, not me. Those who want or need to be here will find us in their proper time. A simple attribution to the author is all that's needed.

    Thanks again for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete