Friday, July 29, 2016

An Oldies Musical Interlude: Strawbs, “Lay Down” (1972)

Strawbs, “Lay Down” (1972)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g0r9JYPcCo

"Lay down, I lay me down.
Lay down, I lay me down.
Lay down, I lay me down,
For my soul.

By still waters I lay down with the lambs,
In pastures green I made peace with my soul.
And I cared not for the night
While my guiding star shone bright.
By still waters I lay down,
I lay down.

Lay down, I lay me down.
Lay down, I lay me down.
Lay down, I lay me down,
For my soul.

At the roadside I took toll of my times,
In dirty streets I made peace with my soul.
May the merciful be right,
Are you ready for the night?
At the roadside I lay down,
I lay down.

Lay down, I lay me down.
Lay down, I lay me down.
Lay down, I lay me down.
For my soul.

In deep sorrow I took flight with the sun,
From mountains high I gained strength for my soul.
I proved stronger than the test
When my spirit came to rest,
At the roadside I lay down,
I lay down.

Lay down, I lay me down.
Lay down, I lay me down.
Lay down, I lay me down.
For my soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment