Monday, December 26, 2016

A Comment; Blog Report 12/26/2016

Some of you have noticed that posting has at times "faltered" lately, not as many posts as before, and sometimes, like today, very few so far. I'm grateful for your concern, so let me explain where we've come from, and where we're going on this little blog. The first post was on August 14, 2008, 8 1/2 years ago. Always ad-free, and never made a penny, quite intentionally, it was never about that, or me. As I type this Google Statistics and StatCounter show these totals: 37,657 posts; 4,701,798 page views; and 1,983,008 unique visitors from literally every country on Earth. Not a bad run... Countless hours of extracting and processing information from the fire hydrant of the internet, day and night, has taken it's toll. This blog was never about me, it was for you, the reader, which is why I so very rarely offered any personal information about myself, but in this instance I must. You may know I suffered a massive heart attack on Nov. 8, 2013, resulting in quadruple bypass surgery and a 38 day hospital stay. Truth is, I never fully recovered from that, and it's gotten gradually harder to expend the energy and time it takes to do this blog as it's always been done. That said, I realize some changes have to be made, not in the quality of the information, but in the numbers of posts and time and energy spent. 
 
The above sign is good advice, and I'm going to take it. I'm 65 now, not a kid anymore, and really do need to slow down, so please understand if there are fewer posts at times, perhaps an occasional day with none; I simply don't know at this point. The sites listed on the sidebar "Favorites" can keep you well informed. I've always felt an enormous sense of obligation to all of you to provide the best version of "truth" I can find, and that will not change. I'm not going away, will still be here as best I can, for as long as I can, but the relentless compulsion about it all has to stop, now. There will be good days and bad days, but that's Life, no complaints either, just how it is. It's been an honor and privilege to offer what I could, and to get to know some of you. That won't stop, either. This is not an end, just a change to a slower pace of things, and I wanted you to know what's happening and why. We're not done yet, by a long shot! Thank you one and all for your patience and understanding, and thanks for stopping by!
- CP

Frank Sinatra, "That's Life"

2 comments:

  1. Rest easy my friend. Your car contributions have been a Herculian effort. We may not always agree but your stamina in producing you blog has always been admired and respected. You have most certainly earned to take things at a slower pace. Enjoy time with family and friends. Just as no one ever said that they wish they had spent more time at the office, neither should you feel an obligation to post one more article. There is indeed life beyond the internet. Enjoy it, savor it like a fine wine. God made us in his image to be creators ourselves. But he wants us to savor his universe and all its glory. Better things are always ahead! That is his promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so very much for the kind sentiments, my friend. Always good to "see" you, thanks for stopping by. Wishing you and yours a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete