Symbolic Grandstanding: It’s all about the first-person singular. Even George W. Bush said he was embarrassed to say “I” when speaking about his policies and plans. Not Trump. He uses it regularly and extravagantly, even when it is egomaniacally meaningless. For instance, at last year’s Republican Convention, he claimed that the nation was in crisis. Then he famously declared, “I alone can fix it.”
• Big Pharma is “getting away with murder.”
• “Trump says he is ‘making progress'” in the Carrier deal.
• “Trump says ‘no way’ to Toyota plant in Mexico.”
• “Thank you to Linda Bean for your great support and courage… Buy L.L.Bean.”
• And website BuzzFeed, which alleged the Kremlin had compromising information on Trump, is a “failing pile of garbage."