• Western civilization has accomplished so many good things that it’s mind-blowing.
• Most people are basically decent and don’t need to be controlled.
• I see so much goodness in humanity.
• Humanity is ascending toward the gods (or heaven, or whatever).
Or, if you are so bold:
• Man is a glorious creature.
The responses you get should be educational.
I think that would be telling. After all, if you feed only upon negativity, it’s only reasonable that you’d build negative attitudes. Now take a look at the world and consider things like this:
• We’ve eradicated diseases, such as smallpox, that tortured humanity for untold centuries.
• We’ve learned to feed billions of people and feed them well. We can grow far more food than we need.
• We’ve created machines that move us across the ground tremendous distances safely and reliably.
• We’ve created machines that fly us around the world and at incredible speeds.
• We’ve harnessed the information stores of humanity and made them available to anyone, almost for free and almost anywhere.
• The public cruelty of the ancient era has been almost entirely eliminated.
•Slavery has been almost entirely eliminated.